Campers will participate in recreational and academic activities such as:
- learning about animals that live in in the jungle. Will they be the prey or the predator? Campers will play a game of jungle animals.
- choosing books and sharing in a reading circle what we learn about the jungle. What are the characteristics of the jungle. We will work on expanding campers vocabulary.
- designing their own animal habitat out of varied materials that would mimic the jungle.
- pretending their explorers equipped with explorer’s jackets and a play jeep they will search for items on their safari list.
- discussing and listing the characteristics of different animals.
- developing their fine motor skills while rolling and sculpting the clay to make African inspired masks